Ben loves to share his experience with others. In addition to presenting at various conferences, he also provides workshops and training.
Whether it’s an introduction to object oriented programming, or a hands on security workshop, Ben works with small groups of 6 to 12 people to ensure each attendee gets all the support they need to get the most from the course.
Here is a sample of the workshops available. Please note that these can be tailored to meet more specific needs.
- PHP 101: Ideal for those new to the language or requiring a refresher
- Introduction to Object Oriented Programming in PHP: learn the basics of OOP, and produce a simple application with that knowledge
- PHP and Databases: Connect to a variety of data stores to persist application data, and learn how to optimise an application by splitting data based on its purpose
- Yet Another MVC: Extend your knowledge of Object Orientation, and learn best-practices by writing your own rudimentary MVC framework
- Web Application Security: Build and break a webapp in a day, in order to gain awareness of the vulnerabilities that malicious actors look out for
- APIs and Distributed Web: Build an API, integrate it into a web application, and implement authentication and authorisation processes
Workshops and training courses come in various formats, from a single-day crash course to in-depth coverage over a few days. Fees are typically around $450 per person per day, depending on the group size, and location. Discounts are available by negotiation if a suitable venue and catering are provided. Please enquire for more information.